Following rumours in the Italian newspaper Il Messaggero, concerning the submission of a non binding offer for the purchase of Pioneer by Amundi, Amundi wishes to clarify the following points:
- Amundi confirms its interest in Pioneer, consistently with the growth strategy presented at the time of its IPO;
- Amundi denies however the Pioneer valuation levels attributed to it.
Amundi re-iterates that its acquisition policy adheres to strict financial criteria, in particular, a return on investment greater than 10% over a three-year horizon.
Head of Press Relations and Digital Communication
Amundi, the leading European asset manager, ranking among the top 10 global players, offers its 100 million clients - retail, institutional and corporate - a complete range of savings and investment solutions in active and passive management, in traditional or real assets.
With its six international investment hubs, financial and extra-financial research capabilities and long-standing commitment to responsible investment, Amundi is a key player in the asset management landscape.
Amundi clients benefit from the expertise and advice of 4,800 employees in more than 35 countries. A subsidiary of the Crédit Agricole group and listed on the stock exchange, Amundi currently manages more than €1.750 trillion of assets.
Amundi, a trusted partner, working every day in the interest of its clients and society
- Source: IPE “Top 500 Asset Managers” published in June 2020, based on assets under management as at 31/12/2019
- Boston, Dublin, London, Milan, Paris and Tokyo
- Amundi data as of 31/03/2021