Very good results in Q2 2021 in a highly favourable market context
Paris, 30 July 2021
Amundi’s Board of Directors, chaired by Yves Perrier, convened on 29 July 2021 to review the financial statements for the second quarter of 2021.
Commenting on the figures, Valérie Baudson, CEO, said:
“Amundi posted very good financial and operating performance in the second quarter of 2021, driven by a growth momentum in all business lines, especially with buoyant inflows in MLT assets. The strong growth in net income was amplified by a very favourable market environment.
The recent strategic initiatives (the partnership with Banco Sabadell, the joint venture with Bank of China, and Amundi Technology) are starting to bear fruits. The acquisition of Lyxor, whose integration is being actively prepared, will be a new growth driver.
Such strong performances prove that Amundi's development strategy is relevant. Our Group has all the strengths needed to pursue its profitable growth trajectory”.
- ^  Adjusted data: excluding amortisation of the distribution contracts and the impact of Affrancamento. See page 8 for definitions and methodology.
- ^  Exceptional performance fees = difference compared to average performance fees per quarter in 2017-2020
- ^ Accounting data: including amortisation of distribution contracts and, in Q2 and H1 2021, including the one-off tax gain (see below).
- ^ One-off tax gain (net of substitution tax) of +€114m (no cash impact): “Affrancamento” mechanism in compliance with the Italian Budget Law for 2021 (Law No.178/2020), resulting in the recognition of Deferred Tax Assets on intangible assets (goodwill); item excluded from Adjusted Net Income.
- ^  As a reminder (Press Release 07/04/2021): cash consideration of €825m, AuM of €124bn as of 31/12/2021 (transaction scope)
Member of Executive Committee of Crédit Agricole S.A., Chief Executive Officer of Amundi
Valérie Baudson is Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Crédit Agricole S.A. in charge of the asset management division and a member of the Executive Committee of Crédit Agricole SA since May 2021. In[...]Read more
Head of Press Relations and Digital Communication
Amundi, the leading European asset manager, ranking among the top 10 global players, offers its 100 million clients - retail, institutional and corporate - a complete range of savings and investment solutions in active and passive management, in traditional or real assets.
With its six international investment hubs, financial and extra-financial research capabilities and long-standing commitment to responsible investment, Amundi is a key player in the asset management landscape.
Amundi clients benefit from the expertise and advice of 4,800 employees in more than 35 countries. A subsidiary of the Crédit Agricole group and listed on the stock exchange, Amundi currently manages nearly €1.8 trillion of assets.
Amundi, a trusted partner, working every day in the interest of its clients and society