London, 30/01/2020 – Amundi ETF has surpassed the €50bn threshold in 2019 and closes the year with €55bn assets under management.
Amid the fast-paced growth of the European ETF market over the last three years, Amundi ETF exceeded the market’s growth rate during the period, and achieved the highest growth rate among the top-5 European ETF providers.2
Net new assets of €8bn more than doubled the amount collected in the previous year1. These strong inflows allowed Amundi to maintain its position among the top providers in the European ETF market, ranking 4th by net new assets in 2019 and strengthening its market share in terms of assets under management.
In the context of a dynamic market environment, flows to Amundi’s ETF range were diversified across multiple asset classes. Amundi’s ETF offering thus proved itself to be well adapted to investors’ strategic as well tactical asset allocation needs.
A key factor in Amundi’s 2019 success was its ability to address the various needs of its clients, from institutional to fund managers, as well as the growing demand for ETF-based solutions for distributors. The platform continued to accelerate the growth of its footprint in Europe as well as in Asia and Latin America, where the Amundi UCITS ETF franchise is meeting a growing demand from investors.
Fannie Wurtz, Head of Amundi ETF, Indexing and Smart Beta, said: “In a highly dynamic market environment, these strong results demonstrate investors’ continued confidence in Amundi ETF and confirm our position as a leading ETF provider. We are committed in the long term to offer wide-ranging, cost competitive and innovative ETFs to our clients, be they institutional or distributors”.
Innovation and cost-efficiency at the core of product development:
With innovation and cost-competitiveness in its DNA, Amundi further expanded its ETF range in 2019, to address different market conditions, asset classes, sectors and themes.
Among the most successful launches:
- Amundi Prime ETFs: Europe’s cheapest core ETF range offering both equity and fixed income exposures. The range surpassed €1bn AUM, demonstrating its effectiveness in answering investors’ demand for low-cost, simple and transparent investment tools.
- SRI and Low Carbon ETFs: Amundi continued to expand its SRI and Low Carbon ETF range, which now includes seven equity and fixed income ETFs tracking MSCI SRI and Bloomberg Barclays indices and a Low Carbon ETF. Those ETFs attracted over €1.2bn net new assets1 in 2019, representing 15% of inflows over the year.
- ^  Source : Amundi ETF as at end 2019 - Excluding joint venture figures
- ^  Source : ETFGI preliminary Global ETF and ETP industry insights, December 2019
- ^  Source Amundi: Comparison based on the ongoing charges (OGC) of equivalent “core” ETF ranges available in Europe. Data from Bloomberg as of 31/12/2019. Important: some individual Funds may not be cheaper than their European peers or may not have an equivalent to compare with and vice versa. Analysis excluding third party commissions/costs incurred directly by investors when trading.
- ^  Source : Amundi ETF as at 15/01/2020
Having been a pioneer of the European ETF market, Amundi is one of the main European ETF providers, with more than € 55bn in assets under management. Amundi ETF offers investors a broad range of more than 130 ETFs characterized by continuous innovation and competitive prices.
Dedicated teams are located in major European countries and rely on a wide network of “Authorised Participants” (more than 65 market makers).
Deputy Head of Press Relations
Amundi is the European largest asset manager by assets under management1 and ranks in the top 10 globally. It manages 1,653 billion euros of assets across six main investment hubs. Amundi offers its clients in Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the Americas a wealth of market expertise and a full range of capabilities across the active, passive and real assets investment universes. Clients also have access to a complete set of services and tools. Headquartered in Paris, Amundi was listed in November 2015.
Thanks to its unique research capabilities and the skills of close to 4,500 team members and market experts based in nearly 40 countries, Amundi provides retail, institutional and corporate clients with innovative investment strategies and solutions tailored to their needs, targeted outcomes and risk profiles.
Amundi. Confidence must be earned.
Visit www.amundi.com for more information or to find an Amundi office near you.
- Source IPE “Top 400 asset managers” published in June 2019 and based on AUM as of end December 2018
- Amundi figures as of December 31, 2019
- Investment hubs: Boston, Dublin, London, Milan, Paris and Tokyo