Amundi ETF unveils record results – amongst the highest on the European market - and sustained growth for 2016. This success was driven by new product launches and business development.
 Source : Amundi ETF, Indexing and Smart Beta as at 31/12/2016 - Excluding SBI Funds Management joint venture figures
Cost-competitiveness and innovation at the core of Amundi ETF growth in 2016
The commitment to cost-efficiency and client-driven innovation were decisive in helping Amundi ETF to capture over €4 bn of net new assets in 20161. This brings the total AUM of Amundi’s ETF range to €25 bn1 with an annual growth rate of almost 27% in 2016 (vs market average of 14.5%).
Some notable products that met investors’ needs this year include:
- The Amundi ETF Global and Regional Emerging Market equity range, which attracted more than 40% of total European ETF market flows to equivalent exposures in 2016, thanks to its price competitiveness. This range carries ongoing charges of 0.20%, making it the lowest available in Europe.
As a result, AMUNDI ETF MSCI EMERGING MARKETS UCITS ETF reached over €2bn of AUM.
- Our suite of innovative fixed income ETF products, designed to support investors in their search for yield, including:
- The newly-launched USD FRN ETF range which provides investors with potential yield whilst also hedging for US-interest rate increases. AMUNDI ETF FLOATING RATE USD CORPORATE UCITS ETF, also available in EUR/USD currency hedging version, attracted more than €1.3 bn inflows over the year6.
- AMUNDI ETF BBB EURO CORPORATE INVESTMENT GRADE UCITS ETF, the first ETF launched in Europe providing potential yield of EUR denominated BBB rated Corporate debt, i.e. Investment Grade with lower risk than in the High Yield universe. This ETF drew more than €130 M net new assets in 20166.
- Amundi ETF’s innovative smart beta range, completed with a new multi factor ETF on European Equities, in partnership with index provider ERI Scientific Beta. It also strengthened its Factor Investing range by completing the full series of MSCI Europe Factor exposures at competitive pricing.
As a whole, the Amundi single and multi-factor ETF range attracted close to €1.2 bn net new assets in 2016, bringing the total AUM to more than €2.1 bn in Smart Beta ETFs6.
Moving into 2017 with strong development ambitions
In addition to continuing to grow market share in the institutional market, one of Amundi ETF’s core objectives for 2017 will be to reinforce its footprint with distribution channels. The expansion of the physical ETF range, which began in 2016 with five core equity products, will support new partnerships, especially through the development of ETF-wrapped solutions for distributors. These solutions bring together Amundi’s renowned skills in advisory, balanced management and capital protected solutions, whilst leveraging long standing relationships with distributors across the globe.
To better assist investors in their asset allocation challenges, Amundi ETF continues to consider innovation as a key development driver in 2017, primarily in the fixed income space. This is to meet the challenge posed by low interest rates; as well as in the smart beta field, to better manage risks and capture rewarded risks.
Fannie Wurtz, Managing Director of Amundi ETF, Indexing & Smart Beta, said:
“Amundi ETF has been able to achieve very successful results in 2016, with record inflows and sustained growth. In 2016 investors definitively kept on selecting Amundi as a reference partner of choice in passive management, for our first-class replication capabilities as well as pricing power.
This very positive year confirms Amundi ETF’s robustness and our ability to provide investors with innovative and cost-efficient solutions over the long term, together with the crucial support and experience of Amundi to expand into new client segments in 2017.”
 Source: Amundi ETF, Indexing & Smart Beta, based on Deutsche Bank European ETF Market Review 2016
 Source : Amundi ETF, Indexing & Smart Beta as at 31/12/2016. Calculated on similar exposures.
 Ongoing charges - annual, all taxes included. For Amundi ETF funds, the ongoing charges, disclosed in the KIID, correspond to the Total Expense Ratio. The ongoing charges represent the charges taken from the fund over a year. When the fund has not closed its accounts for the first time, the ongoing charges are estimated. The TER is a measure that compares the annual total management and operating costs (all taxes included) charged to a fund against the value of that fund's assets. Transaction cost and commissions may occur when trading ETFs.
 For Global and Region Emerging Markets, ongoing charges at 0.20%, the cheapest on the European market. Source Amundi ETF/Bloomberg as at 31/12/2016: comparison with ETFs strictly replicating the same index (i.e. MSCI), whatever their name, without taking into account the fees applied by financial intermediaries, as these are borne directly by the investor.
 Source : Amundi ETF, Indexing & Smart Beta as at 31/12/2016.
 Innovative at launch date on Euronext Paris in October 2015
 Capital protection may, depending on the fund, be conditional on minimum performance; So if this performance condition is not met, you may incur a capital loss corresponding to the drawdown.
Head of Press Relations and Digital Communication
Amundi is Europe’s largest asset manager by assets under management and ranks in the top 10 globally. It manages more than 1.470 trillion euros of assets across six main investment hubs. Amundi offers its clients in Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the Americas a wealth of market expertise and a full range of capabilities across the active, passive and real assets investment universes. Clients also have access to a complete set of services and tools. Headquartered in Paris, and listed since November 2015, Amundi is the 1st asset manager in Europe by market capitalization.
Thanks to its unique research capabilities and the skills of close to 4,500 team members and market experts based in 37 countries, Amundi provides retail, institutional and corporate clients with innovative investment strategies and solutions tailored to their needs, targeted outcomes and risk profiles.
Amundi. Confidence must be earned.
Visit www.amundi.com for more information or to find an Amundi office near you.