Newsroom

Amundi becomes the major shareholder of KBI following the acquisition from Oddo & Cie

Londres, Royaume-Uni, 8/31/16,  by Amundi

As announced on 23rd May 2016, Amundi has today finalised the acquisition from Oddo & Cie of Kleinwort Benson Investors (“KBI”). KBI now becomes part of the Amundi group which takes a majority shareholding of 87.5% with the KBI management team acquiring the remaining 12.5%.

 

In light of the acquisition, KBI will now trade as KBI Global Investors (“KBIGI”), a brand that underlines the rich heritage of the company and identifies it clearly in international markets.

KBI Global Investors is a fast-growing fund management firm specializing in equity capabilities. Based in Dublin (Ireland), with offices in Boston and New York, it employs 62 people. Its highly experienced management teams manage 8.1 billion euros of assets at 31st July 2016*, mainly in global equity strategies. KBI Global Investors recorded excellent performance in recent years, and dynamic growth in assets under management: up 28% on average per year between 2011 and 2015.

Amundi and KBI Global Investors are highly complementary in terms of products and geographical focus: KBI Global Investors’ expertise in global equities will significantly strengthen Amundi’s equity management offering; in return, KBI Global Investors will leverage Amundi’s strong retail and institutional presence in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

Yves Perrier, Chief Executive Officer of Amundi, commented, “We are delighted to welcome the KBI Global Investors team to the Amundi Group. This acquisition is part of our strategy to offer the most effective investment solutions to our retail and institutional clients. KBI Global Investors will also significantly strengthen our offering in the equity asset class.”

Sean Hawkshaw, Chief Executive Officer of KBI Global Investors, adds, "As part of the Amundi group we have the ideal platform from which to grow. We are deeply grateful to our clients, to our friends in the consulting community, and of course our employees, for their unwavering support over the past six months. Our assets under management have increased over this period, with additional flows from our existing clients as well as some significant new mandates; that has given us a great deal of encouragement."

 

 

 

* This is the combined AUM of KBI Global Investors Ltd and KBI Global Investors (North America) Ltd as at 31st July 2016.

Contacts
About Amundi

Amundi is Europe’s largest asset manager by assets under management and ranks in the top 10[1] globally. It manages more than 1.470 trillion[2] euros of assets across six main investment hubs[3]. Amundi offers its clients in Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the Americas a wealth of market expertise and a full range of capabilities across the active, passive and real assets investment universes. Clients also have access to a complete set of services and tools. Headquartered in Paris, and listed since November 2015, Amundi is the 1st asset manager in Europe by market capitalization[4].

 

Thanks to its unique research capabilities and the skills of close to 4,500 team members and market experts based in 37 countries, Amundi provides retail, institutional and corporate clients with innovative investment strategies and solutions tailored to their needs, targeted outcomes and risk profiles.

 

Amundi. Confidence must be earned.

 

Visit www.amundi.com for more information or to find an Amundi office near you.

 

Footnotes

 

  1. ^ [1] Source IPE “Top 400 asset managers” published in June 2018 and based on AUM as of end December 2017
  2. ^ [2] Amundi figures as of September 30, 2018
  3. ^ [3] Investment hubs: Boston, Dublin, London, Milan, Paris and Tokyo
  4. ^ [4] Based on market capitalization as of September 30, 2018

A question? A specific need? CONTACT US!

Sites internet Amundi