Amundi, Europe’s largest asset manager, and the leading European ETF provider, announces the listing of two new ESG ETFs starting from 12th April 2022: the Amundi Global AGG SRI – UCITS ETF DR and the Amundi MSCI AC Far East Ex Japan ESG Leaders Select – UCITS ETF DR. The ETFs have been listed on Xetra in Euros and U.S. Dollars. This initiative is part of the Societal Project of Crédit Agricole Group and its commitment to the climate.
The Amundi Global AGG SRI – UCITS ETF DR tracks the Bloomberg MSCI Global Aggregate 500MM ex Securitized Sustainable SRI Sector Neutral Index with ongoing charges of 0.14%. Designed as a sustainable tool to gain exposure to the broad Fixed Income market, the ETF gives investors access to 12,000 Investment Grade corporate and government bonds issued by more than 1,200 issuers globally. The index replicated by the ETF strictly excludes issuers involved in controversial business practices and selects 80% of the bonds with the highest ESG score taken from the Bloomberg Global Aggregate 500MM ex Securitized index.
The Amundi MSCI AC Far East Ex Japan ESG Leaders Select – UCITS ETF DR is an equity ETF that tracks the MSCI AC Far East ex Japan ESG Leaders Select 5% Issuer Capped Index with ongoing charges of 0.25%. This is the first sustainable ETF allowing investors to be exposed to a selection of two developed markets (excluding Japan) and seven Emerging Markets countries in the Far East. The ETF is well diversified across around 400 stocks and the ESG approach of the index includes a negative screening and a best-in-class selection of the top 50% of companies with the highest ESG scores taken from the MSCI AC Far East ex Japan Index.
Both ETFs are classified under article 8 of the EU’s SFDR regulation.
Matthieu Guignard, Global Head of Product Development and Capital Markets at Amundi ETF, Indexing & Smart Beta, said: “We are delighted to further extend our Amundi ETF responsible range with these two new products. As investors are increasingly looking for new tools allowing them to build sustainable portfolios for all asset classes, we are committed to provide them with a large range of high quality, robust and cost-efficient ESG ETFs”.
- Source: Amundi, as at 31/12/2021.
- Sector exclusions include alcohol, tobacco, gambling, adult entertainment, GMO, nuclear power, military weapons, civilian firearms and thermal coal. Further details on the investment policy are available on the index provider website: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/indices/.
- Developed Markets countries in the index include Hong Kong and Singapore. Emerging Markets countries include: China, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand. Source: MSCI, as at 07/04/2022.
- Issuers involved in activities in controversial weapons, nuclear weapons, civilian firearms, tobacco, alcohol, conventional weapons, gambling, nuclear power, fossil fuel extraction and thermal coal power are excluded. Further details on the investment policy are available on the index provider website: https://www.msci.com/.
- SFDR: “Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation” – 2019/2088/EU. European Union regulation that requires, amongst other things, the classification of financial products according to their ESG intensity. A fund is referred to as “Article 8” if it promotes ESG characteristics in tandem with other financial objectives, or “Article 9” when it has a sustainable investment objective. Any fund that does not comply with the two previous categories is an “Article 6” fund.
Amundi, the leading European asset manager, ranking among the top 10 global players, offers its 100 million clients - retail, institutional and corporate - a complete range of savings and investment solutions in active and passive management, in traditional or real assets.
With its six international investment hubs, financial and extra-financial research capabilities and long-standing commitment to responsible investment, Amundi is a key player in the asset management landscape.
Amundi clients benefit from the expertise and advice of 5,300 employees in 35 countries. A subsidiary of the Crédit Agricole group and listed on the stock exchange, Amundi currently manages more than €2.0 trillion of assets.
Amundi, a trusted partner, working every day in the interest of its clients and society
- Source: IPE “Top 500 Asset Managers” published in June 2021, based on assets under management as at 31/12/2020
- Boston, Dublin, London, Milan, Paris and Tokyo
- Amundi data including Lyxor as at 31/03/2022